Monday, January 25, 2010

January 25th Robbie Burns Day!

I love Scotland. I love the Scottish people. I love the pipes. And I even like haggis. So it was with great pleasure that I accepted an invitation to join Michael Stevenson's table at a dinner to celebrate Robbie Burns day and the accomplishments of the SFU Pipe Band. In case you are not aware of it, the SFU Pipe Band is the best in the world. No, not world famous in Vancouver. It really has been judged the best pipe band in the world, on a number of occasions, in an annual competition in....where else, Scotland.So here are a few photos of the event, (note the young boy's cheeks) and Michael Stevenson cheering at the announcement that the band was again voted the best in the world. Truly an accomplishment for a university a long way from the Highlands of Scotland...

No comments: